Youth Leadership Council
The Mission of the Youth Leadership Council is to connect the youthful, energetic and strategic thoughts and ideas of campers
to the Cazadero Board and Staff with the goal of making
Cazadero the most recognized and best music camp in the country.
Frequently Asked Questions for
Youth Leadership Council (YLC)
- What is the Youth Leadership Council?
- The Youth Leadership Council (YLC) is an advisory group of young adults who will provide the Cazadero Board ongoing feedback and suggestions throughout the year with the goal of increasing enrollment, awareness and funding for Cazadero Music Camp.
- How many will serve on the Council?
- The council will be 5- 8 members.
- What are criteria to be on the Council?
- Applicants must be between the ages of 15-22 and must have a minimum of two years camp experience at Caz as a camper or staffer. The term of the YLC member is one year, beginning February, ending the following January. YLC members may reapply each year. One or two members of the YLC are required to attend the Cazadero Board meeting each month to report to the Caz Board.
- What happens at the meetings?
- Meetings will be held to discuss ideas for increasing enrollment, fundraising for the camp's capital projects or scholarship program, and other ideas members wish to bring to the attention of the Caz Board.
- How often are the meetings?
- Meetings will be held once a month, during the 4th week of the month. The exact day will be determined based on the availability of the members. The meetings will be held in the afternoon or evening.
- How long are the meetings?
- Meetings will be 1-2 hours in length
- If I can't attend in person, can I attend through Skype or other virtual medium?
- Yes. The Council needs to have some local members and a laptop available for Skype or use a conference call system to allow people to call in. Meetings will be held in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- What if I can't make a meeting?
- If you can't make a meeting then you need to communicate why you are missing the meeting to other members of the council. Excessive absence from the council meetings (either physical or virtual absence) will result in removal from the Council.
- What is the application process?
- The application is available on our websitehere. Paper applications will be available at the Camper Reunion on December 22, 2012.
Applications can be submitted by email to YLC@cazadero.org or by mail to Cazdero Music Camp, P.O. Box 7098, Berkeley, CA 94707.
Application deadline is December 31, 2012.
- If I am accepted, how will I be notified?
- You will be notified by email at the end of January.
- If I am not accepted, will I be notified?
- Yes, you will be notified by email at the end of January.
- How many campers attend Caz each session?
- The maximum number of campers is 168 per session.
- How many people are on the Caz Board and can I contact them if I have questions?
Yes. There are currently 21 Board members. You can direct your question to any member of the Caz Board by sending an email to YLC@cazadero.org and asking that it be forwarded to the member.
If you wish to speak with a specific board member, you can call the Cazadero office and ask for the email address or phone number of the board member.
For a complete list of board members,click here.